Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Plaster, Shells, Sand, & Rocks Mask

The girls and I used plaster of paris, shells, and rocks to make a mask on the beach last week during our "Art on the Beach" week.

First, we dug a hole in the sand. Then O(4), E(1), and I looked for shells and rocks to use to make the face. O and E arranged the rocks and shells in the hole.




Then we mixed up the plaster of paris. We didn't have as much as we needed, but it still worked out fine.


We poured the plaster into the hole and let it sit for more than an hour. Then I lifted out our mask. We were very pleased with the end result.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I wish we lived near a beach, my just turned 5 yr old has never had an opportunity to go to a beach, but maybe we can duplicate this another way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one is on our list- I'm a new follower!
    good job on your masks!

    ReplyDelete