Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ice-Cream Sandwich Cake


Here is a simple and delicious cake for a hot day! We always go to a nearby waterpark for O and my mom's birthday, and I wanted to make something easy and delicious. This ice-cream sandwich cake was the perfect solution!

To make the cake, I put a layer of ice-cream sandwiches in the bottom of a baking dish. 6 sandwiches fit in each dish. I crushed butterfingers and spread them over the ice-cream sandwiches. I then spread Cool Whip over the entire thing. This is not at all healthy, but it was fast, simple, and delicious, and since it's only once a year, I decided it would be ok to be a little unhealthy :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks yum! I think that rare treats are fine, esp as they actually are a treat, rather than just the expected. You can appreciate them so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following this blog for quite some time but never really commented I don't think. I love all the activities you do and how you use ordinary every day things and make a special activity or time with them. This icecream dish is similar to one that I have made, of course we add a little extra calories to ours by drizling carmel and chocolate over the whipped topping and then sprinkling the candy on top of that. Very delicious either way tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make something similar to this. A layer of ice cream sandwiches, a layer of cool whip, a layer of hot fudge topping, another layer of ice cream sandwiches and then another layer of cool whip.

    ReplyDelete