Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Sea Shell Necklace

While we were at the beach we collected shells with holes in them so we could make sea shell necklaces! We originally planned to use dental floss for the necklaces, but I didn't like the idea of O having dental floss around her neck, and it would have been very difficult for her to string the shells onto the floss. Then, I realized that pipe cleaners would be perfect. It was easy for O to put the shells on the pipe cleaners, and I didn't have to worry about the necklace being a strangulation hazard :)

O was very proud of her necklace!

4 comments:

  1. I am loving all your sea shell ideas! We are on vacation next week and I am planning activities right now! So glad you decided to keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of the pipecleaner. We just made one yesterday, but had used yarn and a needle, so I had to do most of the work. Next time I'll be using your idea. Thanks!! I just found your blog recently and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!! I'm happy that you keep bloggin!!! Thank you... for sharing so beautiful works.!!
    Karen

    mi escuelita montessori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what Olive made me for Mother's Day! karen
    Sippy Cup Central

    ReplyDelete