Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unplug Your Kids: Scissors

This week's unplugged theme is scissors. At first I thought O might be a little too young for scissors (21 months), but then I decided to give it a try. Elliott bought a pair of child safe scissors last night on his way home from work (Thanks, Elliott!), and O was very excited when she saw them this morning. I rolled out a playdoh snake and showed her how to cut it. She was excited and said "O, O,O" which is what she says when she's ready for her turn. We rolled a snake for her, and I handed her the scissors. She had a great time pressing them into the playdoh and trying to maneuver them. We have a LONG way to go before she is proficient with scissors, and I'm glad that we started now. We had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. We did scissors with play dough too, and my little one enjoyed it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my little one is just getting the hang of cutting paper, which means we have piles upon piles of scraps of paper all over the place, he is a happy chappie though now he has mastered them.

    ReplyDelete